- 1 lb Milk Chocolate
- 1 lb Dark Chocolate
- 1 2/3 cups Half n Half
- 1/3 cup Light Karo Corn Syrup
- Chop up chocolate and set in a large bowl
- Set the half n half on the stove to boil. DO NOT scald it. Once it starts bubbling up, remove it from heat.
- Pour it over your chocolate.
- Let it sit for about a minute, and then begin whisking it until all the chocolate has melted. You could also use an immersion blender.
- Take a spatula and run it along the sides and bottom of your pan to ensure you mixed everything together.
- You can use it immediately for glazing. Or cover it and set it to the side to set up, and use it for filling or icing a cake.
Here is another example of how I use ganache for my Boston Cream Cupcakes:
***Some recipes you'll find do not call for corn syrup, but I find that it helps the Ganache maintain it's shine when being reheated after sitting in the fridge. ***